Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ye Boke of Draculya

I have created a seven hundred and sixty page novel about the life, death and reanimation of Vlad Draculya. It is entitled, Blood of the Dragon, the journals of Vlad Draculya the Impaler. Right now it can be had from iuniverse.com in either hard cover or paperback. the price I believe is $24.00 for hardcover and $18.00 for paper. It is a "Print On Demand" self-published effort. Fair warning it has a good deal of small mistakes throughout as it is self-edited. I am in the process now of putting out a revised version. I did the cover design and artwork inside. Though I say it is written by Professor David Telefoe Pudlevitcz PhD, this is actually a version of my family name, Pudelwitts. David St. Albans is my nom de plume. You can google all of my names and get literally reams of info on me. You can also visit my website at http://www.saintalbanstudio,com. My other artwork can be seen at MyArtSpace.com and at Facebook.com under Saint Albans.

It took me fifteen long years to write and publish this massive effort. If you are a fan of vampires, Dracula, dark magic, H.P. Lovecraft, Carlos Castaneda, Witchcraft, Sorcery, Heresy, or even torture and impalement,then this is the book for you! It mixes the true life of the true Prince of Wallachia in the 15th Century, Vlad Bassarab Draculya, with the monster Dracula, created in the 1890's by Bram Stoker. The purpose of writing the book was to recreate Dracula as a true monster, rather than a cardboard cut-out or cereal box poster boy. it all started with a horrid dream I had now seventeen years ago wherein I discovered that all vampires were simply "masks" for the original vampire! They were not human beings anymore, but shells inhabited by a Master Vampire! The feeling I had during the dream was so oppressive and sickening I had to write it down and exorcise it. it meant that all the people who, as in most vampire novels, were infected by a vampire, were not going to have endlessly fascinating eternal lives staling the night. Only the ORIGINAL vampire got that! The others were nothing, throw-away toys at the command of the Master. There was no "bonus" in becoming a vampire. This was a completely disturbing opposing viewpoint to the Vampire Lestat myth. And it added a real cutting edge to the Dracula myth. So I decided to buck the mythos and reinvent Dracula from the ground up.

So I set about studying and reading up on vampirism and vampires until fifteen years later I became an expert on the subject and the author of what I feel is the most extensive book ever written about Vlad Tspesh, Dracula and Vampires in general. the book seems to be a hit in Germany. It can be seen selling on the internet for amounts of $300.00 or more to as little as a dollar! So feel free at this point to buy a first edition copy for the least price you can. I want to say I have made very little on this endeavor. It was and remains a labor of love. I have loved Dracula and vampires since I watched them move across my black and white TV screen and in movie theaters since the early Sixties. I thrived on the books of E.A.Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. I became an adept enough writer in the genre to have given several lectures on subjects like the Works of Clark Ashton Smith at various Sci-Fi/Fantasy conventions. My drawings and paintings have been displayed at cons and in galleries all over the country. I feel very secure in the position I take as an expert. However one can always learn. And I am hoping this blog will be a place for vampire aficionados and authors to come together and have a sort of Vampyr Danse back and forth along the rotted ballroom floor of some secluded and corrupt mansion.

I have written several short stories I will post here which were in magazines many years ago, but which still hold up. I also hope to feature an area of ad space where persons or companies can sell items of Gothic and Vampiric interest. For now I will be posting some old stories, illustrations and poetry and excerpts from my book. I am hoping the key-word search alone will net me some interesting blog readers. So, I bid you welcome, enter of your own will and leave a little of the happiness behind which you have brought with you...

Your Ob'dt Srv't
David Pudelwitts-St. Albans

No comments:

Post a Comment